Tuesday, September 8, 2009

"Reach out and touch faith..."


The Bellarmine Jesuit Retreat House was the scene of The Jesus Retreat, a very deep and profound retreat experience led by Charis. Through witness talks, personal reflection and group reflection, a group of fifty four retreatants walked down the road of truth toward a more intimate relationship with Jesus.

When I reflect on my favorite moments throughout the weekend, I think of all the “ah-ha” moments in my mind. I journeyed through the weekend hearing women and men reveal their very personal and deep relationship with God through struggle and triumph; receiving the sacrament of reconciliation with Eucharistic adoration; participating in Lexio Devina; personal spiritual reading; walking the stations of the Cross; and the many great conversations. I walked away Sunday a more grounded person in the Lord.

As the band Depeche Mode had so eloquently bantered, “Your own Personal Jesus. Someone to hear your prayers, someone who cares. Someone who’s there…Reach out and touch Faith.” A very Personal Jesus was present and alive throughout this deeply spiritual weekend!

-Brian M.

No comments: