Thursday, June 10, 2010

What a difference a year makes

June 10 last year was my due date for my first child. One year ago, I had no idea who was going to make his/her entrance into the world, nor did I have any idea of when he/she planned to do so. Three days later, I met the little man who has changed the way I look at everything. It's hard to believe that a year ago, I didn't even know the gender of the little guy who now cracks me up when he smiles his six-toothed grin and tries to drink from any cup-shaped object he can get his hands on.

My son turns one this weekend and I can't believe all that has happened in just a year. Birthdays offer the chance to look back at a year and see how we have grown. As I take stock of my own life and habits, I find myself asking how I have grown spiritually? How is my faith stronger this year than it was a year ago? How am I more connected to God now than I was a year ago? What does my prayer life look like now compared to a year ago?

As I reflect on these questions, I am challenged to look at what I can do moving forward so that I will be have a stronger faith, a deeper prayer life, and a closer relationship to God next year than I do now.

~Lauren G

No comments: